Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Blogcation; Yeah, let's go with that (Or, I'm delurking once again)

Hello all! Casey recently announced that she just returned from a blogcation.  Well, hers wasn't as long as mine, but I'm gonna go ahead and say that's what I was on, too.  A nice, relaxing three-week blogcation where I merely lurked around all your blogs.

So I'm returning by offering up some quotes by one of our great presidents of the past: Teddy Roosevelt.  I happened to stumble across these and thought some of them were just too good not to share.  Enjoy!

"Every reform movement has a lunatic fringe."  (so stay true to your writing, no matter how crazy it is!)

"Character, in the long run,  is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike."

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit softly."

"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing."

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure....than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

"Freedom from effort in the present merely means that there has been effort stored up in the past."

"I am a part of everything that I have read."

"I am only an average man but, by George, I work harder at it than the average man."

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."

"It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.  In this life we get nothing save by effort."

"Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering."

"The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people."

"The most practical kind of politics is the politics of decency."

"The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything."

"With self-discipline most anything is possible."

2 comments:

StaffPicks said...

Nice to have you back from the lurking side :~) My favorite Teddy quote is, "I like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain." or was that Ted Nugent?

Casey Something said...

Somehow your blog got off my blog roll. No wonder you've been quiet for so long. Not only were you blogcationing for awhile, I assumed you weren't blogging at all because I wasn't seeing updates!

Glad to have you back in both ways!