Monday, August 17, 2009

My Personality Test Results

Prior to my business school orientation this Saturday, I was required to take a personality test. Apparently Chapman (my school) will use these results to better craft a program for each of us as students, which I think is really awesome.

Personally, I love taking personality tests/quizzes. I think it's really fun to reflect on the results and whether or not they are accurate, or completely out in left field. This particular test was called the StrengthsQuest evaluation; the results were divided into 34 "themes," that represent you as a person, and you receive your top 5 themes after the test.

My Top Five Themes:

5. Significance: People who are especially talented in the Significance theme want to be very important in the eyes of others. They are independent and want to be recognized.

4. Strategic: People who are especially talented in the Strategic theme create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.

3. Futuristic: People who are especially talented in the Futuristic theme are inspired by the future and what could be. They inspire others with their visions of the future.

2. Activator: People who are especially talented in the Activator theme can make things happen by turning thoughts into action. They are often impatient.

And Number 1.......
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

1. Ideation: People who are especially talented in the Ideation theme are fascinated by ideas. They are able to find connections between seemingly disparate phenomena.

Overall, I was pretty happy with my results (especially my number one, considering I'm trying to publish a book).

How about you? Do you like personality tests, or do you think they're just a bunch of fluff?

6 comments:

Casey Something said...

I love personality tests, even if they may be a bunch o' fluff. The good ones are usually spot on though. Fun!

storyqueen said...

I once took a "Which Hogwarts House Are You" quiz......Hufflepuff.....um, yeah.

Shelley

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

i used to work in corporate america where I took everyone available. basically they all said the same thing....I'm crazy :)

Tyler said...

Crazy is the only way to be, Shelli! haha.

And to the other ShellEY: Nothing wrong with Hufflepuff! You've always got Cedric (who apparently didn't actually die; instead, he was saved from that graveyard and turned into a vampire).

Christy Raedeke said...

Hey, that sounds like a great test - what was it called?

And I love the new blog name!

Tyler said...

Thanks, Christy!

And the test was called the Strengthsfinder. There's more about it at strengthsfinder.com.

It was really neat, because the questions made you choose between different strengths/weaknesses that you might be equal in (ie, one end of the spectrum would say "I am great at motivating others" and the other would say "I am ambitious," and you'd only have 20 seconds to pick your level on the spectrum of strongly agree to neutral for either side. Conversely, they might pick two things you don't excel at, and you'd have to choose.